Thursday, September 08, 2005

A work in progress...24

During my ashtanga yoga practise yesterday I experienced a truly uplifting experience. I have been trying to do a proper backbend for at least two years - it's that crablike position where you go up on all fours in an arc with your head thrown backwards. I thought it would take me a million years to achieve this posture, but yesterday I rose up like a God; it was as if someone had their arms around my torso and lifted me, but it was my own energy. My head was off the ground and my arms and legs were at full stretch before I realised what had happened; it was such an exhilarating experience.

It's given me confidence in my writing; at the moment i'm plodding trying to work out some kind of narrative/plot for the two main characters and it just seems so pedestrian. I need a flash of brilliance; a creative release of energy to make the words rise up from the page to make all the toil worthwile.

An agent has been in touch, requesting I send in three chapters. This is quite promising - at least I've made some kind of personal contact. The downside is that she workds for the same company as the first agent i sent it to. The MS will probably go into the same readers' pool as last time, so I don't feel too positive about sending it in. On the other hand, what have i got to lose?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lecture Concert Series begins with war
By Raymond Whiteside September 08, 2005 The university recently announced the 2005-2006 Lecture~Concert Series schedule of nine events.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Incredible Wealth Building System site/blog. It pretty much covers Incredible Wealth Building System related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)