Thursday, December 01, 2005

A work in progress...35

The writing's going very well, almost up to 10,000 of the re-write and it seems much more fluid and natural.

Feeling better energy wise, I did yoga yesterday and had a couple of early nights and have not drunk much over the past weeks. Also got some echinacea to boost my immune system, I can't afford to be off this month, it's going to be very busy at work with three deadlines before Christmas. It should be a good month moneywise, which is a relief.

Christine hurt her back and has been in bed for two days, kids playing up a bit.

I'm getting costs on printing for my poetry collection. Will organise a reading/launch at Art & Soul in Andover and the poetry cafe in London early next year. Might ask Al if he wants to play a few tunes, would be good to find a DJ to play some backing tracks.

May also sell an electronic version of the collection, which is called, Shredded Wheat, through the blog. In a way the poetry has given me my voice, all the poems were written while I was in HK, so all I had to do was edit them and design the booklet. It was a very satisfying side project.

I can't believe I've kept going with the book. I could have easily had a block on it, but feel as though now I have really broken through a barrier.

No comments: