Thursday, December 08, 2005

A work in progress...37

I checked one of my previous blogs. I started the new draft on November 28 and I've already written 15,000 words. I'm aiming to wite it in three sections of roughly 20,000 so hopefully I can get the first part finished over the weekend.

I want to get a second draft written by Jan 19, my daughter's birthday, and the day I actually started writing the book. I have lots of time off over Christmas, but whether I'll get time to write is a different matter.

The characters are really developing, Nat, the main character's girlfriend is holding the structure together, just as she holds him together. The narrative seems pacey and jumps about but to me anyway seems coherent.

Busy at work, two weeks to go before I finish for Christmas.

Had a couple of quotes in for the printing of the poetry collection. Will launch it after Christmas.

No comments: