Monday, December 05, 2005

A work in progress...36

Had a good weekend writing, seem to do lots. My wife was busy and went out saturday night so I spent the whole evening writing, instead of watching a movie.

The kids were great. Did lots of stuff with them during the days, including checking out the local library and starring in a christmas play that me daughter wrote.

I took them to a soft ballpark for lunch yesterday and managed to read the papers, my wife was at the cafe/gallery. She sold a painting for £280, which is a bonus. The new desktop computer arrived on saturday, which I've hid until Christmas.

Every time I get my laptop out to work the kids want to commandeer it to play spongebob square pants games. Listened to to some cool modern jazz, ambient techno and Clap Your Hands Say Yeah! over the weekend, courtesy of my friend James, the DJ.

Everything's dropping into place with the novel, the new style suits my style, I'm trying to get the first part written by next weekend - it's going to be in three chunks of 20,000 words. Up to about 12,000, the narrative really moves, the plots jumps around a bit, but that's intentional, the two characters hold it together. I'm having fun writing in a woman's voice, and I believe it works.

Manically busy at work, three deadlines to meet, but feel energised. Lot's of Christmas parties coming up as well, which maybe a distraction.

Watched Life Acquatic, which was a disappointment, turned it off after an hour.

No comments: