Tuesday, February 21, 2006

A work in progress...44

Deadline week this week on the magazine, so things are a bit hectic.

Still managing to write and working on a crucial scene where the first two characters meet. I'm enjoying writing dialogue and am able to keep the tension between the two would be lovers just right.

I managed to do quite a bit of writing at the weekend, where I mainly set the scene. The children are all well and are back at school. My daughter has been told she must wear glasses, which has caused a drama. I've told her that all writers wear glasses, so she asked why didn't I then. Sometimes she sits next to me at the kitchen table and writes her stories as I work on my laptop. She inspires me.

The house looks as though it will go through, we're desperate to move and It maybe the fresh start that wee need. I'm going to be mortgaged up to my eyeballs, but my plan is to be mortgage free in two years.

The writing is such a relief and an escape, I wish I could devote more time to it.

No comments: