Tuesday, February 07, 2006

A work in progress...40

I had three days off last week, plus the weekend and hardly wrote anything. My time was mainly taken up by trying to fix my laptop and also seeing a guy about a mortgage. I also did lots of things with the kids over the weekend and managed to clear out a load of junk and take it to the tip.

We're pretty certain we can get a mortgage and by coincidence we maybe buying my wife's ex brother-in-law's place; we went to see it and although fairly small, it has a big loft, a shed with electrics and office space under the stairs. We should be able to get it at a good price and we can just about afford it. This will give us a bit more security and also work out cheaper than renting. We're we are at the moment si really getting us down, and I'm sure it's part of the problem. I'm still trying to work from home, but it's not possible at the moment.

I have managed to do some writing, I'm still concentrating on the first 20,000 words and it is taking shape, very pleased with the results so far. The poetry collection's on hold at the moment as I can't affors to get it printed. It's my son's 6th birthday on Friday, two weeks after my daughter's 8th so it's a very expensive month.

I have started to read Stephen King's On Writing, a book which I have wanted to read for a couple of years. Hopefully it will inspire me further - or at least pick up some tips - as I'm pretty fired up.

Luckily I have an ibook on loan from work, so I'm managing to write on the train. At the moment I'm mainly revising and tweaking stuff and looking at the structure.

My son has been dowloading games from shockwave on the internet - can you believe it? The boy's five years old. I found google desktop download on the desktop. I've threatened to password the computer if he doesn't stop.

Finances are still parlous, mty wife's not really making any money and we have massive overheads. I've managed to wrestle my debts under control and no longer own a credit card. Workinf from home would really help and make a huge difference, I have to keep pushing for it.

No comments: