Monday, January 30, 2006

A work in progress...39

Had a mad week last week. I had to go to a funeral in York, a conference in St Albans, and meet up with a couple of old pals from Rough Mix, which necessitated staying over in Lewisham on Friday night and getting completely wasted. Olly came over from Holland with a DVD of one of our gigs from 1988, a massive trip down memory lane, interspersed with plenty of Who, Townshend, U2 and Paul Weller. Saturday we had lunch at a pub on Blackheath and celebrated his divorce. It was also Al's 43 birthday, I bought him Pete Townshed Pyschoderelict DVD. I managed to get home Saturday night after being away since Tuesday. It was also press week last week, my busiest time.

I managed to do some writing on the train to and from York and also at the conference hotel. I was also back writing this morning. The writing felt good. I should get time off this week to write some more. I'm aiming to try and get the first section finished and then send it to an agent. Home life is OK, I missed the family while I was away and we're getting on okay. My wife may have a part-time job which is going to help with the mortgage, which is good news.

My brother is giving me his drumkit so I can teach my son Noah how to play. Have to arrange to go and collect them from York.

I have also got Stephen King's On Writing book to read and bought a copy of Clockwork Orange on DVD.

No comments: