Tuesday, June 28, 2005

A work in progress...12

Very busy at work, so not much time to blog or write. The constant writing and revising of one section is driving me insane - I'm not sure I'm going to even use it in the book and I'm beginning to wonder how I got down this avenue. The Royal Horticultural Society sent me a link on how to construct a violin. I sent them a polite request for help with research and the material they have sent is fascinanting - to do with the wood used for the insturment. Why on earth I'm writing about the intricacies of building a violin I don't know; I seem to be heading off on various tangents, letting my imagination run wild and I'm continually surprised the way the story is unfolding. The journalist in me wants to rein these thoughts in, while the poet is saying 'keep going, keep going'.

No comments: