Wednesday, June 22, 2005

A work in progress...8

I met up with Helen last night, whom I met briefly in Hong Kong a couple of years ago. She's a writer and has had a couple of books published. I showed her the first three chapters of my book before I sent it to the agent and she genuinely liked it and was very encouraging. She commented that my work seemed well researched and asked if I was an artist - I'm not but my main character is so it was a positive sign. She basically told me to hang on in there and not be too disappointed if I'm turned down by the first agent; she thought my book had a good chance of being accepted. Work is very busy and there seems lots of commitments on an evening so I'm not writing as much. I'm not too worried as I have most of July off and I intend to finish the book by end of August. For now I want to concentrate on the writing, my goal is to write about 80,000 words. I must stay postitive and keep focussed, I feel so close to achieving my ambition and I'm really enjoying writing.

No comments: