Friday, August 05, 2005

A work in progress...17

My wife and family have gone to Germany today for a holiday. They are staying at at a friend's parents' house in the hills near Cologne. It's a beautiful house in an idyllic setting and I wish I was going with them. But I've just had three weeks off and have to be back at work; bad timing. I have the weekend to slob out, ride my bike, write and do some yoga. I also want to catch up on some Hong Kong films, I have a stack of them to watch, mainly Wong kar Wai films. The book is going well, I'm working on the structure and it's starting to take shape. I should be pleased to have more time to work on it, but the truth is I'm missing my family. They are away for nine days. It looks like this year we are not going to have a holiday. The book is taking over my life, sapping all my energy and time.I may try and get a flight to Germany next weekend. I'll see how the writing goes.

No comments: