Tuesday, August 30, 2005

A work in progress...22

Having my first doubts about the book. After all the early momentum I seem to be running out of steam. It's starting to feel confused, I'm not sure if its making sense - What happens, why it happens? I need to ask myself these questions and try and keep it simple. I'm going to try and write another 30,000 words and hopefully all the bits will then fall into place. The only way to do this is bring the laptop with me to work and write on the train. I feel as though I just need to write the damn thing, not worry too much about the editing at this stage, just get all the foundations down. There are some good bits, of that I'm sure. One thing I'm not certain about is detail, how much to put in or leave out. It's trial and error, I guess. I want to try and get a first draft done by Christmas. I should just write for the joy of writing, and not worry about the bigger issues. I've been working on the book now for eight months so I must see it through to the end. I can't give up at this stage with 60,000 words written.
The Bank Holiday weekend was hot, with glorious sunshine - played in the pool in the garden with the kids most of the time. Had a great time, it was good to switch off.

No comments: