Tuesday, August 16, 2005

A work in progress...19

The writing's stalled a bit. I'm still working on the book almost everyday but not writing as much. I'm working on the relationship of the two characters, which is going to be short and brief, rather than anything longterm with history.

I had an amzing time in London. Went to bed about 6am on Saturday morning and then spent the rest of the day hanging out in a couple of bars and pubs in the Brick Lane area of London, reading the papers and chatting with James and Nikki. It's was great not to have to worry about the kids for once. I got home late on Saturday night and spent Sunday hungover on the sofa watching cricket. I feel guilty as I should have spent the time writing, but I got a lot of inspiration from the weekend, met some characters and experienced new stuff which helped me reconnect with that kind of scene. There was a real energy in the bars and clubs I went in, although the rave scene seemed slighty more tame than I remembered. It was a friendly vibe though, with more coke on the scene rather than ecstasy. James played a full-on 3-hour set, which was awesome, he had the dancefloor with him all the way, never let up. Respect.

As a result I've come back to the novel with renewed energy and will use some of the material I gleaned from the weekend.

No comments: